- Buyer can set up its company structure here.
- It is important to do the set up accurately in order to utilize the b2btender platform, effectively.
- It is recommended to assign a System Administrator among the buyers inside the company and this Admin to be responsible from My Company module.
- Here, the official company name, its short name, invoicing address, delivery address (other delivcery addresses if any can be defined in the Purchase Order), communication channels and the main currency can be defined by the Buyer.
- You may use different currenciesin b2btender platform which are TL, USD, EUR, CHF, GBP, SAR, RUB, AZN, AED. You may order a computer in USD while a printer in TL within the same purchase order and still report the total in terms of your main currency.
- A demand request form including various currencies will be processed in terms of main currency during the approval process.
- All the users with standard role need to be registered to b2btender by the system administrator, here.
- Additionally, users authorization level, role as user and the subcompanies that the users will have responsibilities (if any) are defined in this module.
- All changes are also done here.
- In case a user leaves the company, his/her register can be erased directly only if s/he does not have an approval right for any cost center or project center.
- If s/he is approval for any cost and/or project center, his or her replacement has to be defined in the platform.
- It is sufficient that the admin user defines the replacement name, b2btender platform will change all approval chains with the new user name.
- One of the major strenghts of b2btender is its design to enable the parent companies such operating at multi branches and locations such as hotel chains, banks, hospitals, holding companies, group companies, strenghtening their central procument to enjoy the economics of scale.
- Centralizing the demand requests of sub companies will lead to consolidation of demand which further brings economies of scale, increase labor efficiency.
- b2btender allows reporting all the procurement transactions either for each sub company level or at consolidated level.
- You may follow up your overhead purchases which cannot be charged to your customers directly.
- There can be more than one cost center depending on the size of the department, but one user can belong to only one cost center.
- In other words, a user can demand his/her purchase requirements such as cell phone or laptop thru the cost center that s/he belongs to.
- Cost center may have such cost centers, too. This enables to record the overheads from bottoms up. For example, you may report the total stationary costs at any period as well as its break down at department level.
- It is mandatory to define the approval process for each cost center in advance. It means that the approvers and their approval limits for demand requests raised thru the cost center should already be decided and defined here.
- It is better that the approver(s) of a cost center has administrative responsibility at that department. b2btender’s flexible design enables you to set up the approvers and approval mechanism according to the code of conduct of your company.
- You may apply the same principles to all the cost centers or make exceptions for special cost centers. For example, if your code of conduct requires minimum two approvers for any purchase demand request independent of the value, you may set up two step approval mechanism for every cost center regardless of the value of the demand request. Or you may set up an approval mechanism dependent of the value of the request such as one approver up to 100$, two approvers from 101$ to 500$, and three approvers for 501$ and above.
- Approver can reject the demand request or return it back to the originator during the approval process.
- Upon the demand request is approved fully, it is sent to the buyer in charge automatically by b2btender platform.
- The costs that you may charge to your customers/projects directly on one to one basis can be followed up thru project centers.
- You may create sub-project centers depending on the size of your projects.
- Any user can raise a purchase demand request by referring to project center (please remember that only the member of cost center would create a purchase demand requests by referring to that cost center).
- For example, a user from the logistics department can raise a demand request for transportation services for a project.
- However, the approval authorization must belong to the user(s) who has the cost responsibility of that project such as project controller or project manager of both.
- In defining the number of approvers and their approval limits of the approval process for project centers, the size and importance of the project and code of conduct of your company should be taken into consideration.
- Approvers may reject or return the purchase demand requests.
- Upon the demand requst is approved, the request is automatically forwarded to the buyer in charge by b2btender platform.
- Your suppliers should have been registered at b2btender platform and entered their product and services at the platform in advance.
- You, as buyer company, can easily invite your suppliers by a single email to b2btender platform.
- The invitees will be listed “My invitees” section until they register themselves to teh platform.
- Once they complete their registration, they start showing up at “My Suppliers” section.
- For a supplier to join b2btender platform, either it is invited by a buyer company or should become premium supplier after audited by a accredited quality audit company to be nominated by b2btender.
- While the suppliers who joined to b2btender by invitation from a buyer company can be visible only to the inviting buyer, the premium suppliers are visible with their product and service cataloques to all buyers registered at b2btender platform.
- Buyer can group the products and services being purchased, here.
- For instance, categories like ” Cleaning Materials”, “Stationary”, Security Services” , “IT hardware and services”, “Electronic Service Mounted Board”, “Assembly Parts” etc can be cretaed and one or more buyers can be nominated.
- Purchase demand requests are forwarded to the buyer in charge once the request completes its internal approval process.
- Buyer may report statistics under each category. For instance, all stationary purchases per period can be reported as value or percentage at department or project or compnay level.
Shift among Companies
It is possible to shift among the sub companies without logging out and logging in. As an example, a buyer who provides procument supports to multi companies under the same parent company, can do transactions for differnet legal entities without logging out and in.
- b2btender platform can handle the purchases at various currencies such as TL, USD, EUR, CHF, GBP, SAR, RUB, AZN, AED simultanously.
- However, there has to be a main currency to be defined for each company. It is the main currency to be used to control the approval limits and in reporting in case multi currencies are used.
- b2btender platform automatically updates the daily exchange rates.
- Buyers who prefers their own rates have the flexibility to enter their own rates.